Aboriginal Affairs NSW Family Records Service

The Family Records Unit at Aboriginal Affairs was set up to help people from New South Wales to access government records about themselves and their family.

They also give researchers permission to access the Aborigines Protection Board and Aborigines Welfare Board records.

These records include details of children removed as well as detailed information on all aspects of life on stations and reserves, such as financial statements, salary and employment details, tenancy agreements and applications to leave the reserve.

Resource Subject
nsw gov logo